Alejandro Cardenas (b. 1977, Santiago, Chile) completed his BFA at the Cooper Union School of Art in 2000. Before becoming a full time studio painter, Cardenas had a successful career as a multimedia artist, working in illustration, graphic design, and videography. For over a decade he served as the lead textile designer and art director for the influential fashion label Proenza Schouler. He was also a founding member of Lansing-Dreiden, a New York-based transdisciplinary art collective that produced musical albums, a literary journal, and artworks. Reviews of his art and design projects have appeared in the New York Times, Vogue, and Another Magazine. Cardenas currently lives and works in Los Angeles.
- Bill Powers, 'Alejandro Cardenas', March 2021, Purple Magazine. — 8.6 MB
- Aaron Bogart, "Alejandro Cardenas “ALEXANDRIA” Almine Rech / New York", Flash Art, March 10, 2021 — 1.2 MB
- Alexandra Zirinis, 'New Beginnings? Alejandro Cardenas at Almine Rech', FAD Magazine, March 5, 2021 — 1.0 MB
- Mariana Bettinelli, "Alexandria, and exhibition by artist Alejandro Cardenas, Trendland, February 23, 2021 — 1.2 MB
- Cristina Samper, " Discover the latest work of Alejandro Cardenas, this time at Almine Rech New York, Art of Choice, January 31, 2021 — 1.2 MB
- Alana Pockros, "Imagining the Future Amid Alejandro Cardenas’s Profound, Brooding Canvases", Hyperallergic, January 27, 2021 — 830.0 kB
- Sasha Bogojev, "Alejandro Cardenas' "Alexandria" @ Almine Rech in NYC", Jaxtapoz Magazine, January 22, 2021 — 1.5 MB